I've caught the creating bug again. I'm always happiest when I am creating something consistently, even if it is a small project.
I found these bad boys on a morning walk over five years ago (pretty sure pre-kids).
I had grand plans.....
and then they sat in the basement...
and sat.
I went as far as ordering vinyl for one and I knew I wanted it to hang in the kitchen on my red wall, but I never found the time.
Recently, my sister-in-law, Randi, started re-doing furniture and it got my gears working again.
I cleaned them up, attached the vinyl, taped off the glass,
and clear-coated the heck out of it.
I loved the aged look, but with three little kids (and one that puts everything in his mouth),
I didn't want more paint to chip off.
Looking pretty cute (if I do say so myself).
AND... Ta Da!
Hanging on my red Kitchen wall.
Makes my heart happy!
I don't know why it took me so long to tackle this project,
(ok, well part of it was the fact that the windows were in the basement and baby spiders hatched recently. Thank you hubby for coming to my rescue and pulling the windows out for me!)
it only took about half the day yesterday and we hung it today.
Yay! A project I've had in my head for at least 5 years finally done!
The other window I painted silver and I'm debating what to do with it.
I've had thoughts about either a Christmas card hanger or Entry mail/picture/message board.
We'll see if it takes me another 5 years to finish that.
No comments:
Post a Comment