Here is a picture of my lovely strawberry patch. A couple years ago a friend gave me a start for strawberries and for my birthday last year my mom gave me the money to make my patch. This is how nice and full it has gotten in one year after planting about 5 plants.
Kris' Birthday was June 2nd and I thought it was only proper to do something with strawberries. I found a recipe from a magazine that looked yummy and Mia and I spent the morning making daddy's cake.
The cake has a peanut butter bar base and the strawberries on top. If I make it again I think it would be even yummier with fruit pizza icing before the strawberries.
Mia was excited for daddy's birthday and as soon as Kris came home from work she started talking about "Daddy's Happy Day Cake". It was pretty cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment