We will start off with the wonderful cucumber we got out of our garden a couple days before. (Unfortunately, after we picked this one the plant died and we only got one more not great cucumber off the vine. The cantaloupe plant died too, giving us one small mediocre cantaloupe. Very sad)
Mia being silly.The day before we left on vacation I came home from work to find this.
Kris had laid Mia down for a nap and she somehow managed to sit herself up. She hasn't done it since and that was 3 weeks ago, but we know she can. Look how proud of herself she is.And so begins our PA trip.....
Thursday night before we were to leave my mom called me to tell me that her car wouldn't start after getting gas. She finally got it to start, but my dad wanted to get it checked out Friday morning before she came up to Lafayette. They got it checked out and got a new battery and she made it to Lafayette no problem. I met my mom Friday for dinner at Hunter's Pub South (yum, yum, you have to try the Fried Dills ((but watch out they are hot)), and then some last minute grocery shopping. That night Mia started getting a cold and woke up several times throughout the night. Saturday morning about 10am we finally made it on the road.
When we stopped in Lima to pick up my grandma we made a stop at the hospital to see my cousin, Jamie's baby, Andrew.

Let me tell you getting all of our stuff into the car was a puzzle. Three women and a baby, I should have gotten a picture. We were full to the gills.
After leaving the hospital, we stopped at the Walmart gas station to fill up and then the car would not start. It would just click, not even roll over. A nice girl stopped and tried to jump us, but it didn't work. A man with a bigger truck tried to jump us too, still no luck. We finally called my Uncle Butch away from his new grandson and had him come and see what he could do.
My uncle has a Ford Taurus, same as my mom, so he switched out the batteries and tried to start it, no luck, so we knew it wasn't the battery. My Uncle towed the car into a parking spot at Walmart and proceeded to do his magic to find out what was wrong. With Mia being stuffy and the weather kinda warm we decided to go wander around Walmart. In the meantime, my uncle removed the starter and went to Autozone and had it tested, no good. My uncle change the starter in the parking lot of Walmart. What a hero! If we had to break down, Thank Goodness we were still in Lima near handy family and near an air-conditioned store! With all the confusion I totally forgot to feed Mia her afternoon feeding (bad mom, I know), so about 6:00 she was getting really hungry. We stopped for mexican food and headed out of Lima about 7:30pm. We FINALLY made it to the little town of Beaverdale, PA at 2:30am. We did have a pretty lightning show almost the whole way from Lima to PA without any bad storms.
It was nice to see family and get reacquainted. We only see each other about every other year. My second cousin, Tina, had a baby boy, Kaleb, one week after I had Mia. He is a very active guy. He is crawling and pulling up and into everything and he had two teeth. Alot more active than Mia. He kept trying to attack Mia (he kept going for her head) so we protected her by putting her in the pack n' play.
He is still trying to get after her.They did play nice a couple times.

I took some pictures of Mia for her 7th month.


I took Mia swimming for the first time. Look at her cute bathing suit.

She absolutely loved it. She was a little fish, kicking around. I wish I knew someone with a pool here. Mia was pretty grumpy on and off the whole trip, combination cold, teething, schedule off, etc, but swimming was definitely a bright point to the trip.

My second cousin, Brian, and his kids Gavin and Brianne.
Tina and her family, Mike, Courtney, and Kaleb.
My mom's aunt, Viola, that we stayed with, and Uncle Tim, with Tina's family.
I forgot to get a picture of Timmy and his family :(
My mom's family is part Hungarian and my grandma still knows some of the language. This is a video of a Hungarian rhyme that has something to do with a bunny. I remember my grandma doing it to me when I was little. So this is for posterities sake.
No comments:
Post a Comment