Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend fun

Kris and I had a fun little Saturday morning date. Thanks to the person that posted on Corkboard about the free weekend movie matinées. Kris and I caught Surf's Up on Saturday, which is a cute movie (especially for free).

We decided to even take Mia, hoping she would sleep through it (which she mostly did). Even when she did cry a little I didn't feel too bad b/c there were lots of little kids making noise, so I wasn't worried about my little one making a little noise. Kris may take advantage of the weekend matinees a couple more times seeing as I will be working on Saturdays. After the movie we decided to try out the fairly new restaurant in Wabash Landing called Yats. It is a cajun restaurant. It was really good and decently priced. Kris and I had the Chili Cheese Etufee (sp?) which is their biggest seller. Their menu changes every day and everything is served on a bed of rice. They will let you try anything you want before you buy. We each had an entree and drink and paid $14, not bad. So, pretty good date for under $20.

This weekend was Day Light Saving (I'll save you my option of this) and I remembered to turn all the clocks ahead. I was feeling pretty good about myself until Sunday morning when I was finishing feeding Mia and Kris asked what time it was as he was waking up. It was 8:30 and we should have been leaving in 15mins, oops! I had set the clock to 7:50 instead of 6:50, so needless to say we were late to church, oh well.

This is my last week before I have to go back to work. I'm dreading it. It is a little easier since Kris will be staying home with Mia most of the time, but I've been with her 24/7 since she was born. So sigh, I'm sure the week will go oh so fast and next week will be here before I know it. I'm going to savor these last few days. Sis Thorn will be watching Mia two days a week, when Kris is in class. Does anyone have any advice for things to remember to pack for the caretaker?

Off to feed the rug rat.

2 comments:

MisterLincoln said...

Hey there! I will try to give you a call before the week is up. Sorry I haven't called you back before now. Things I can think of now for next week are: bottles, diapers, extra pacifiers, wipes, receiving blanket, gas drops, extra clothing, (you probably already thought of all these).

These are the things I took. And you know I am the expert (ha).

Thanks for your comments!!

Marie said...

Sister Thorn is GREAT! We always send Rosalee with diapers, wipes, extra clothes, milk, bottles, a blanket, and her pacifier. Normally all Sister Thorn uses are the diapers and clothes if Rosalee makes a mess of herself.