Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Vacation and beyond

Hello my faithful blog readers..... hello, hello, hello.... is there anybody out there.
Oh well, I'm sure someone will read this someday.
So to update from last time. I had my first Dr's appointment on June 22 and Kris and I were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Very neat and I think it helped both of us to really realize we are going to be parents. My next appointment is July 24.
Also, we bought a car. A 2005 Chevy Malibu, black. I really like it. Our computer is still dead, have to take it to Fishers to the store purchased at to get them to fix it. Now Kris' car died and we are having to pay way more money than we want to get it fixed. So the fun and excitement keeps coming.
The first week of July the Livengood family took a vacation to Gatlinburg, TN. All 12 of us stayed in the same cabin and had some family bonding. We had a good week of sight seeing, hiking, swimming, tubing, seeing friends, playing, and just relaxing. I fortunately felt better than I had in the previous weeks so I was able to participate in most activities.
My good friend Amanda just happened to be vacationing in Gatlinburg at the same time so we met up and went to the aquarium together. I realized later that I didn't even get a picture with her :(







Here we are on one of our lovely hikes. We thought we were on a leisurely 4 mile loop trail and an hour or two into the hike we ran into a couple that informed us we had gotten off the other trail and were on a 14 mile hike. We quickly abandoned ship and headed back to our cars. It was a pretty trail though.








Some of the men decided to go play golf one evening so the rest of us decided to play miniature golf at Davy Crockett Mini-Golf course. It was pretty fun and we even had one ball make it into the water (not part of the game).






On the 4th we watched the fireworks from the strip in Gatlinburg. It was a very nice show with an excellent finale.
















On our way back to Indiana we made an overnight stop in Knoxville to visit our friends Shaun and Adrianne. We had a lovely home cooked meal from Chef Shaun and a fun time visiting.












We had a wonderful vacation and made it back to our home at 9pm on Sunday, July 8th. It took us a couple of days to recover, but we are now back into the swing of things.

Until next time.....

2 comments:

The Tate Fam said...

I want to see more pictures of you and your cute belly!

Unknown said...

Hey I made the blog! Sweet.