We had a party for him the following Friday, inviting only family since we have a tiny house and still had 26 people (counting the 7 kids running around).
This is the little cake I made for him. The top was his smash cake, and smash he did. :)
These are the Oreo cupcakes I also made for the party. So yummy! Complete with Oreo pudding as filling.
Mia helped Landon blow out his candles because she said he was too little and didn't know how to yet.
Cake progression: I left the room to get the cupcakes out while he was licking the icing, came back to a devoured cake. I think he liked it!

My little squirt had his one year appointment last Monday. His stats are:
20.4lbs
29 1/2"
To compare, Mia weighted 22.4lbs and 31" at one year.
He isn't talking yet, but makes his presence known with yelling and pounding and proclaiming "Bah". He waves bye, gives high fives and blows kisses. He pulls up on everything and has started to climb. He loves to climb the steps to our front porch. He likes to push a little chair around the living room and walk behind it (kinda like an old-man walker). He likes pat-a-cake and every time I change his diaper I have to sing "Old MacDonald" or it's like wrestling a greased pig. He is definitely a momma's boy and the only other person he will stay with is Kris. I love my snuggly little boy and look forward to all the excitement you bring.
Oh yeah, he also is giving kisses, the full open mouth, slobbery kind.
Oh the joys of a one-year-old :)





1 comment:
Melissa-
FHE Project....well it was going to go well but then it rained. We did pull weeds for FHE last week and got 90% of the front yard done. I purchased some cheep weeding tools for the kids and Jeff and I used good ones. In 1/2 hour we got alot done. It was fun also to sit and talk while we worked. We did have a small incentive for every 6 weeds pulled you got a starburst. In the end it was Jeff and I weeding and the kids picking up our piles but we had success. Now the back yard is a much bigger task and there are a lot more weeds to pull. We'll keep on working at it but in the end, we are just renters so if we don't finish the job it will still look better than it did when we moved in. :) Let me know how this works with your kids :)
Ann
Post a Comment