Saturday, February 7, 2009

Snow, Funeral and the Symphony

Nope, not the title to a new comedy, just my life recently.

A two weeks ago when we got the first few inches of snow we bundled Mia up and took her out to play. She enjoyed being pulled around on the sled, but not being in the snow so much.

Last Tuesday Kris' Great-great grandmother, Elinor Stingley, passed away. She was the famous "Cone Lady" at the Original Frozen Custard in Lafayette. We attended the memorial for her on Monday.
Last pictures with Granny a week before she died.
Six generations (one not pictured)

I love this flower arrangement. Looks like an ice cream cone.


Granny's uniform from The Custard.



Mia turned into a tango diva at the family dinner afterwards.
See her snazzy red sparkly shoes that I scored on Craigslist.


On Friday night I took Mia to the Children's Symphony. Mia LOVES music and it was FREE, so I said let's give it a shot. They had a cartoon penguin that was part of the show and Mia would point and bounce and squeal when he came on the screen.

She loved it!! We went with our friends Marie and Rosalee and the kids had a good ol' time.

Several of our friends play in the Lafayette Symphony Orchestra, notably Neal Glassett, our favorite cellist.

The video is dark but hopefully you can get the jist of how excited Mia was during parts of the show. I love that she claps just as enthusiastically as the rest of the crowd.


Bonus video: Mia is getting really close to walking. She can stand for periods of time and will walk behind her toys, but no independent steps yet.

No comments: