So, going back to work has really cramped my style as far as blogging goes. I haven't seemed to find the time to update as much as I would like.
I'm finally getting back into the groove of working. It took a little time to figure it all out. Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to Gwen Thorn's (Mia's sitter) for lunch and feed Mia there. It is easier than trying to go home, feed Mia, change her, get to her the sitters, get lunch, and get back to work in one hour, plus I get a chance to chat with Gwen and see all the babies she watches. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays Kris brings Mia in to work so I can see her at lunch. I am very thankful that Kris is willing to do that so I have a chance to see Mia during the day.
We found out that Mia has a sensitivity to cow's milk. So, that means that since I am breastfeeding I do not get to enjoy milk or ice cream (bummer!). It is totally worth it to have a happy baby that sleeps much better without dairy. Luckily, cheese and other dairy products don't seem to bother her. We are going to experiment with Lactaid soon to see if when I eat dairy and take Lactaid if that will break down the milk enough to not bother Mia. We'll see if that works. We haven't tried yet since both Mia and I are recovering from a cold.
Last weekend we went to see my parents again. It was a nice weekend and I'm sure the grandparents were excited to see Mia. The weather was nice enough that we took a walk on Sunday. Mia is not used to the bright sun and closes her eyes and shakes her head back and forth if the sun hits her face. We may have to invest in baby sunglasses :)
My brother-in-law, Micah, got engaged to his girlfriend, Randi, on Easter and they will be getting married on September 6, 2008. They asked me to take pictures at the wedding. I love photography and have shot a couple weddings, but it always makes me nervous, especially for family since I want to make sure and do a good job.
Mia's 4 month appointment is on the 21st, so I'll update with her new official stats after that.
Sorry for no pictures, I don't have time right now. I'll try to add some later.
3 comments:
to Randi?
I hope the Lactaid pills help you. So far I can have small amounts of dairy, with the pills, and it doesn't bother Rosalee. I tried making a pig of myself with dairy and then taking a Lactaid, but it bothered her. Not as bad as it had previously but she was a little fussy/gasy.
Oh goodness, I remember those days of balancing! At least it sounds like you have a lot of people that live nearby to help out....always a bonus.
Was checking out Lafayette bloggers and came across your blog. Was so pleased to find another mommy blogger ;)
Post a Comment